Contra: Hard Corps Enhanced Edition (Sega Genesis / Megadrive) - Reproduction Cartridge with Clamshell Case and Manual
Buy on Amazon
- These repros play identical to the original game but use all new parts, so you're guaranteed many, many years of enjoyment without it breaking down. Original games are generally 'well used' and may or may not last very long. Plus generally require a lot of cleaning, and who knows if the board has started to corrode inside that game shell?
- New batteries for game saves (where applicable) mean you're not going to lose your saved game anytime soon.
- They look almost identical to the original games, so you can proudly display them in your collection.
- Cost much less than the original games
Contra Hard Corps Enhanced Edition is a combination of two ROM hacks in one: the Enhancement Hack and the Hit Points Restoration Hack. Both of these patches bring the North American release of this game to be what it was meant to be, and it kicks so much a$$.
Enhancement Hack (RomHacking.net):
- Copyright screen edited slightly. - Copyright screen can now be skipped by pressing the start button. - Minor rewording in options menus. - Maximum number of lives in options menu increased to 5 (default is still 3). - Got rid of the annoying "press start to exit" feature in some menus. - Start button can now be used to confirm some options. - Start button can now be used to select your character. - Mission briefings can now be skipped by pressing the start button. - You can now hold buttons B & C to skip through text faster. - In-game font fixed such that lower-case characters are now usable. - Added an alternate font (activated with a code). - Added 'e accent aigu' for 'coup d'état'. - Script corrected, edited, and optimized. - Soft reset added.
Hit Points Restoration Hack (RomHacking.net):
-This patch restores the ability to take three hits, complete with the life bar. -Restores the three cheat codes that were also present in the Japanese version but removed from the US version. - (Note, however, that unlike the Japanese version, these codes are entered on controller ONE.) - Up to ten lives can be selected in the menu. (The default is three.) - Player 1 and Player 2 can now select the same character. - A new code is available that takes you to the game's debug level! Press Left, Right, Left, Right, A, B, C, B, A, Up Down.
Game is brand new and tested to work. This is a reproduction cart.
The game is made using high-quality PCBs (printed circuit boards) in Canada.
This is not a Chinese reproduction.
|Amazon Sales Rank||146,523|
|Main Category||Video Game|