Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit ? Safe and Easy Car Claying for Smooth as Glass Finish ? G1016
Part Number: G1016
Buy on Amazon
- QUICK CAR CLAYING: Quickly and easily removes bonded surface contaminants like paint overspray, industrial fallout, tree sap mist, road tar and more
- GLASSY, SMOOTH FINISH: After using clay, wipe with Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel to restore a smooth, glassy finish
- BETTER WAX PROTECTION: Wax glides on easily and provides longer-lasting protection after claying
- SAFE TO USE: Non-abrasive clay bar works safely on any paint finish including clear coats
- COMPLETE CLAY KIT: Includes two 80 gram premium clay bars, 16 oz Quik Detailer Mist & Wipe, a Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel and a case to store and preserve the clay
Make your wax protection last longer by removing bonded surface contaminants and restoring a smooth-as-glass finish with Meguiar?s Smooth Surface Clay Kit. Our non-abrasive clay bar safely, easily and quickly removes paint overspray, fallout, environmental contaminants and more, making your car easier to wax and the protection longer-lasting. The kit comes complete with two 80 gram premium clay bars, a 16 oz spray bottle of Quik Detailer Mist & Wipe, one Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel and a case for storing the clay. This kit comes with everything you need to safely remove above surface bonded contaminants, make your paint smooth and prepare the surface to make sure your wax protection last as long as possible.
Make your wax protection last longer by removing above surface contaminants while also restoring a smooth-as-glass finish with Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit. Meguiar's non-abrasive clay bar safely, easily and instantly removes paint overspray, fallout, environmental contaminants and more.
With Meguiar?s Smooth Surface Clay Kit, you will be able to make waxing easier and longer lasting, and safely remove bonded contaminants.
Evaluating Your Paint Surface
Before using Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit on your vehicle, it is recommended that you begin by washing and drying your car thoroughly, as it will allow you to evaluate the surface of your vehicle for the presence of various defects needing correction.
Defects fall into two basic categories;
- Above Surface Bonded Contaminants: These include industrial fall out, paint overspray, tree sap mist, bird droppings, etc.
- Below Surface Defects: These include fine scratches, swirl marks, etching, oxidation, etc.
Above Surface Bonded Contaminants often cannot be seen but they can be felt. Run your clean hand over the paint of your vehicle immediately after washing and drying it. Does the paint feel "as smooth as glass"? If not and your paint surface is rough to the touch, this is an indication that you will need to clay your car using Meguiar?s Smooth Surface Clay Kit.
The roughness you feel is the presence of environmental contaminants such as over-spray, fallout, brake dust, tree sap, etc., that have bonded to your paint finish. No amount of wax car waxing will remove these contaminants.
Applying car wax on top of bonded contaminants takes effort and inhibits the adhesion of your wax. Further, these contaminants reduce your paint?s reflectivity, preventing your vehicle to shine to its full potential.
Below Surface Defects generally cannot be felt, but they can be seen, especially in strong, direct light. Good lighting is critical to evaluating the surface of your paint, because most cars will look good in the shade; therefore we recommend that you inspect your car's finish in direct sunlight or under strong fluorescent lights.
Claying is often thought of as a difficult detailing process that should only be performed by trained professionals; but on the contrary is a very simple process that usually can be done fairly quickly.
With the proper use of the claying bar and Meguiar?s Quik Detailer (included in the Smooth Surface Clay Kit), the clay will quickly, but gently remove bonded contaminants on your vehicle?s painted surfaces. This will leave behind a surface that is completely contaminant free and will be evident by your ability to smoothly glide your hand against your vehicle?s paint.
A Few Tips About Claying
To make the claying process easier, you don't need to apply much pressure, just enough to control the clay. It is important to keep the area well lubricated while claying and once the area feels completely smooth to the touch, wipe it dry and move on to the next section. Continuing this process, section by section, will allow you to clay your vehicle in a uniform manner.
Keep the following points in mind when using Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit;
- Claying removes ?bonded contaminants? on your paint?s surface; and not ?below surface? defects like swirls, scratches or etchings.
- You can clay any painted, glass or chrome surfaces.
- Claying will enable clear reflections and allow car wax to adhere to the paint better and last longer.
- Split one 80g. clay bar into two separate pieces. That way if you drop it, you still have one good piece of clay.
- Knead your clay bar into a flat, round wafer in order to use it.
- Use a mist and wipe product like Quik Detailer as a lubricant.
Important: If you drop your piece of clay on the floor, replace it with a new one.
What's in the Box?
Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit with 1 Quik Detailer (16 fl. oz), 2 80g. Premium Clay Bars, in a resealable, plastic storage case, 1 Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel, instructions.
|Amazon Sales Rank||18,046|
|Group||Automotive Parts and Accessories|
|Manufacturer Part Number||G1016|
|Count Per Package||1|
|Colors||Smooth Surface Clay|
|Dimensions||1.18 x 1.97 x 5.91 inches. 1.9 pounds|
|Package Dimensions||10.55 x 4.72 x 3.46 inches. 1.94 pounds|