Lemon, One Medium
Part Number: 4958
Buy on Amazon
- Lemons are a rich source of vitamin C
- Lemon juice is used to make lemonade, soft drinks, and cocktails.
- Lemon juice is also used as a short-term preservative on certain foods that tend to oxidize and turn brown after being sliced (enzymatic browning), such as apples, bananas, and avocados, where its acid denatures the enzymes.
From Our Family to Yours
With thousands of grower members in California and Arizona, the Sunkist cooperative reflects the values and legacy of its 120-year history: multi-generational family farmers committed to growing the highest quality citrus, being responsible stewards of their land and dedicating themselves to innovation.
Baked Fish Filets with Sunkist Roasted Lemon, Artichoke and Basil Pesto Recipe
YEILD: 4 Servings
- 4 fresh fish filets, de-boned (salmon, halibut, trout, etc.)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Sunkist lemon
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, strained
- 4 garlic cloves, lightly smashed
- 2 tsp. capers
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds or walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Using a microplane or fine grater, remove the zest from the lemon and set aside. Cut the ends off the lemon and discard. Thinly slice the lemon into rings removing all seeds and layer the lemon slices in a glass baking dish.
- Spread the artichoke hearts, garlic cloves and capers on top of the lemon slices, season lightly with salt and pepper. Drizzle half the olive oil (1/4 cup) over dish and place in the oven for approximately 25 minutes or until slightly browned and roasted. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Scrape the ingredients from the dish into a food processor, do not rinse or wash the dish. In the same baking dish, arrange the fish filets and lightly coat the top of each with olive oil. Place the fish in the oven for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, add the lemon zest, parmesan cheese, toasted nuts, honey and red pepper to the food processor. Purée on high speed while slowly drizzling in the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add the basil and parsley to the processor and purée until well combined, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To Serve: Top each filet with the pesto and serve.
|Amazon Sales Rank||4,764|
|Manufacturer Part Number||4958|
|Dimensions||3.2 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches. Weight: 0.3 pounds|
|Package Dimensions||3.5 x 3.0 x 3.0 inches. Weight: 0.3 pounds|