Computer Networking Beginners Guide: An Easy Approach to Learning Wireless Technology, Social Engineering, Security and Hacking Network, Communications Systems (Including CISCO, CCNA and CCENT).
ISBN: 9781707885442 / 1707885443
Buy on Amazon
Do you know the fundamentals of computer networking? Do you have an interest in learning the simple setup and configuration of a LAN? Perhaps, you just have that burning desire to understand what it all takes to keep a small home or office network up and running. Look no further!
Computer Networking Beginners Guide covers the following topics in a simple, easy-to-follow teaching approach:
- Intro to Computer Networking - This chapter considers the needs of a real beginner in computer networking and covers the following crucial topics: components and classifications of computer networks, network architecture, physical topology and Ethernet.
- The Basics of Network Design - This chapter introduces the main topic of the book setting up and configuring an office LAN. It gives to the reader the heads up with regards to the desirable network features and the various responsibilities of network users in the setting up and overall maintenance of a network.
- Wireless Communication Systems - Just like any other resource, a network must be managed appropriately so as to reap maximum benefits. This chapter also offers basic tidbits on how a computer network can be optimized by taking off its hardware and software. It takes the reader through the fundamental technicalities of wireless technology that is of great significance to the entire computer networking discipline. It offers important information on how to enjoy the benefits of Wi-Fi technology, and how to set up and configure a computer for wireless connectivity. Also, there is an introduction to CISCO Certification Guide.
- Network Security - It is no doubt that computer networks are targets of highly ambitious and brainy individuals. Computer networks are threatened by serious individuals who are hell-bent on frustrating network users by any means necessary. This chapter covers the most common computer network threats and offers fundamental guidelines on how to steer clear of such menaces.
- Hacking Network - This chapter explores the basics of hacking in computer networking and covers the following crucial topics: definition of hacking, who is a hacker, different methods of cyber crimes and it offers an introduction to ethical hacking.
- Different Hacking Methods – In this chapter are listed some of the various hacking methods that are out there right now and that could put your own computer at risk, such as malware, keylogger, trojan horses, ransomware, etc. There is also an introduction of the concept of social engineering.
- Working on a DoS attack – One of the attacks that a hacker is likely to use to help get into their target’s computer is a denial of service attack or DoS attack. This chapter analyzes how this attack works.
- Keeping Your Information Safe – In conclusion this guidebook describes some of the steps that we can take to keep our wireless network safe, and some of the things that a hacker can potentially do, in order to get into our websites.
This is an easy-to-read book for anyone that’s hungry for computer networking knowledge. The language used is simple, and even the very technical terms that pop from time to time have been explained in a way that is easy to understand.
You haven’t perused through the pages already? Get your copy now!
|Amazon Sales Rank||635,242|
|Dimensions||6 x 0.41 x 9 inches. 0.55 pounds|
|Package Dimensions||9 x 6 x 0.41 inches. 0.73 pounds|
English (Original Language)