bayite 1/2 x 6 Inch Survival Drilled Flint Steel Fire Starter Ferrocerium Rod Kit with Striker Paracord Landyard Handle Large
Part Number: 1A303
Buy on Amazon
- Length of the rod: 6"(15.3cm). Diameter of the rod is approx 1/2"(12.7mm). 9ft Paracord included, gives you a good grip and never comes off. bayite design new striker included, always be prepared to start a fire
- You can also use the back of a blade from an box cutter. That's the most efficient scraper that can be found easily.
- EXTRA LARGE. Super thick and large rod throws a MASSIVE shower of hot sparks to light fire instantly in any conditions. Windproof & weather resistant. Fits all weather
- Don't use bad quality Knife as striker. Otherwise it will not produce enough sparks due to insufficient hardness of blade.
- Provides up to 3000 degrees C spark in all weather, at any altitude. Durable, lasts for approximately 12,000 strikes. Perfect emergency fire starter for Bushcraft, Hiking, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, EDC, Emergency, BBQ, Gas Camp Stoves, etc
Ferrocerium Rod Length:6"(15.3cm)
Diameter of the hole: 4mm
HOW TO USE:
1. Hold the ferro rod close to the tinder at about a 45-degree angle. （dead grass or weeds, fine, dry wood shavings, twine pulled apart, dryer lint or cotton balls... all make good tinder.）
2. Place the scraper near the top of the rod (so it makes solid contact with the rod).
3. Pull the rod back (away from the tinder) with a slow and steady motion.
Many people will hold the ferro rod next to the tinder and rub the scraper toward the tinder. By pulling the rod back (instead of rubbing the scraper forward) you'll create a spark at the same place. But you'll do it without risking bumping the scraper into your pile of tinder and scattering it all over the place.
Because Ferro rods contain iron, they're often coated to prevent oxidation. You'll need to scrape away the coating to expose shiny metal before first use.
|Amazon Sales Rank||41,515|
|Manufacturer Part Number||1A303|
|Dimensions||6.6 x 1.5 x 1.0 inches.|
|Package Dimensions||6.6 x 1.5 x 1.0 inches. 0.35 pounds|